Monday, December 29, 2008

Six Months....how can that be???

June 29, 2008 - the day we first met - about to embark on a new life

November 2008 - 5 months later - we've all come so far


Wow....I just can't believe Chloe Grace has been with us for 6 months. In many ways these past six months have flown by. The first couple of months are a blur, actually. But in many other ways, it seems like we've always been together. She's grown 2 1/2 inches taller & gained 2 pounds since we've been home. She's grown in other ways, too. She's learning that she can trust us. She knows that when I run to the store, I'll be back in a little while. When we first came home, I took her everywhere with me. The first few times I left her home with Steve and the other kiddos, she had huge meltdowns. She was terrified, I'm sure, that I would leave and not return. At one point that was her reality...it just breaks my heart that she's known the pain she's had to endure. But now she's home, where she belongs...always.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Jeff said...

I can't beleive it's been 6 months already. You guys have a wonderful daughter, and I'm glad we got to travel together. Love the family pictures, too!

Andrea Nielsen said...

Beautiful picture...you can tell that she is happy and settling into her new life and family!