The finished tree...Steve and I put on the ribbon and beads (it's a pre-lit tree) and the kids do all the ornaments.
Their so proud of their finished product!There are so many things this holiday season that we're seeing differently as we approach our first Christmas with Chloe Grace. She loves all the lights and decorations. I get so busy and wrapped up in my to-do list that sometimes I barely notice them. Then I hear "Oh, mommy look. That so pretty." from the back seat. When we put the tree up to decorate, Chloe Grace said, "Tree no inside, tree outside." It's all obviously very new for her. She talks about Mama Wang, her foster mom in China quite a bit now. Chloe Grace and I were snuggling on the couch one morning after the older kids were off to school. As we were admiring the tree I asked her if Mama Wang ever had a tree like this at her house. Chloe Grace said, "No, Mama Wang have tree outside and Mama Wang no have presents." She's in awe of the gifts under the tree and so, so anxious to get to open them! She often looks under there to make sure there are still some with her name on them. She loves the decorations and enjoyed putting things around the house after we finished the tree. We are all thrilled to be spending this holiday season with her, not just in our hearts, but in our home.
Happy Holidays to you all!

2 comments:
Isn't it exciting to see things new again? So glad Chloe is so excited for her first Christmas...at home!
This just left tears in my eyes! How precious this first Christmas with Chloe is going to be with your family! I'm so excited for you!
Post a Comment