Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Is it really December already???

I can't believe November is over! I've meant to update the blog, but just couldn't seem to find the time. And here it is December! So, in one post I'll try to catch you all up on our crazy blur of a month!

Madison and I started November off by making funnel cake. We've never made them at home before. Usually that's our treat at Six Flags. But I found a recipe by Alton Brown that really was as easy as he made it look (you can find it here). Here's a picture of our finished product:


Three of the kiddos and I then headed to Dallas for a quilt square shower a few of my girlfriends gave for Chloe Grace. We had so much fun! Everything was beautiful and the cake was really delicious! We had a blast...thanks girls!






About 5 years ago we started a new Thanksgiving tradition with our children. We decided we would start seeing a family movie at the theater on Thanksgiving day. With four children it gets pretty pricey to go to the theater, so it doesn't happen very often. In fact, this was Chloe Grace's first visit to the movie theater. We saw Bolt, which was good. We also had buttered popcorn, candy and cokes first think in the morning!



And to end the month, we traveled back up to Dallas to celebrate Thanksgiving with our family. The kids were out of school all week, so we arrived Friday night and stayed until the following Saturday night. Wednesday we finally had our family portrait made. I haven't been able to see the proofs yet...I can't wait! Thursday we had dinner with Steve's dad & stepmom. Friday we had lunch with Steve's mom and stepdad. We also got to see his grandmother whom we haven't seen in quite some time. Friday night my brother arrived with his wife and 4 children. We hadn't seen them since last Thanksgiving. Saturday we had lunch at my parents house where we all were staying. It was nice to all be together. My parents only have 2 children, my brother and I. They have 8 grandchildren - 5 boys and 3 girls. They are 13, 12, 11, 9, 8, 7, 5 and 18 months. Since they are all so close together in age, they get along well. This is the first picture of all 8 grandkids:

Chloe Grace loved my oldest nephew, Dominic. She just couldn't get enough of him! She constantly wanted him to hold her and play with her. And he was very sweet about it.
So, that was our November. December is shaping up to be just as busy. I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving!
Photobucket

5 comments:

Sharla M. said...

Hi Jen! She looks so beautiful!! It's so fun to take them on their 'firsts'! Glad you had a happy thanksgiving!

Jeff said...

Enjoyed the update!

tara said...

Hello! Were the funnel cakes as good as they look? We're big Alton Brown fans.

Also, how did the quilt square shower work? Sounds interesting. And I love to quilt!

jeanette said...

I LOVE Alton Brown and all his recipes. I'll need to search for that funnel cake one!

Chloe Grace looks so beautiful-and so at home.

Amy said...

Funnel cakes and Alton Brown = yummy! ;) Gonna have to get the recipe and hide from Jada! :) I love the pic of Chloe in front of the movie theater---so cute!