Things have been crazy over the last two months. Chloe Grace graduated from preschool in May. She kept calling it her "gradulation". They had little caps & gowns and walked into the auditorium to "Pomp & Circumstance". Her teacher gave all the kids awards for their progress over the year. Chloe Grace didn't start attending until January, so she had only been there a few months. Her awards were "One of the Most Improved Students" and "First Student to Master Tying Shoes". She was so proud - and we are so proud of her! The kiddos had worked on a song they performed. Then they threw their caps in the air and were officially graduated from preschool. There was a lunch & cake afterward. The cake had a picture of the class on it with "Class of 2022" written below the picture. It was cute & tasted yummy!
She really wasn't sure about the whole throw-your-cap-in-the-air thing. But everyone else made it seem like so much fun she just couldn't help herself.
Our preschool graduate :)Jarod graduated from elementary school at the beginning of June. They didn't have an official ceremony, but the kids wore cardboard caps w/tassels and took a final walk of the building. Then each homeroom teacher presented diplomas in the classroom. After a brunch in the cafeteria, we let Jarod come home from school early - they were only scheduled for a half day anyway. I still haven't managed to download those pictures off my camera. I'll add them soon, I promise!
The day after school was out for the summer, Jarod turned 12. I can't believe it....how did that happen? He had a few friends over, along with some of his grandparents. We cooked out & visited. We filled over 200 water balloons for the kids to throw at each other. They also chased each other around the yard with silly string. It was a good day.
The kids have been outside a lot this summer, which I love! They've been swimming, riding their bikes, walking the dogs (much to Jarod's dismay), jumping on the trampoline...sleeping in - a plus for everyone involved :)
Riley is growing like a weed. I need to get a new picture of her, she's so much bigger now. She's finally getting the hang of house training...I think. We've had 2 days in a row with no accidents in the house. I hope we're finally getting somewhere!
Monday is the first anniversary of the day Steve and I met Chloe Grace in China. I can't believe it's been a year already. We've all come so far. She continues to just amaze me.
We'll celebrate her 6th birthday in a few weeks. She can't wait & has been talking about it non-stop. This weekend we'll have her family party while we're visiting my parents. Her actual birthday falls during the week that Jarod and Madison will be away at camp, so her party with her friends will be after her birthday.
We'll celebrate her 6th birthday in a few weeks. She can't wait & has been talking about it non-stop. This weekend we'll have her family party while we're visiting my parents. Her actual birthday falls during the week that Jarod and Madison will be away at camp, so her party with her friends will be after her birthday.
If the beginning of our summer has been any indication, then it seems the rest of our summer will fly by!

No comments:
Post a Comment