Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Lucy


We lost our sweet kitten, Lucy, last night. She got very sick early Monday morning. Over the next 24 hours I took her to 3 different vets. The first two couldn't find the cause of the illness and just treated her symptoms. By the time I got her to the third guy, it was too late. He said she was displaying severe neurological damage and he had never seen an animal in that condition rebound. I called Steve and he brought the kids up to see her one last time. It was so sad. They are sending her tissue to be tested for rabies. Please pray that she tests negative. If she tests positive, our entire family will have to undergo treatment. We should know the test results by the end of the week. None of the other tests run at any of the vets we visited told anything about what made our poor kitty so sick. So, our house has been sad today. I wasn't sure if Chloe Grace really understood what was going on last night at the office. She pet Lucy and said, "Lucy not feel better?" I told her that Lucy didn't feel better and couldn't come home. Jarod, Madison and Jason were devastated. Thankfully, I got all my crying out before they arrived and was able to be there for them without being a wreck. I emailed the lady we bought Lucy from and told her what happened. She's as heart broken as we are. She offered to have more kittens if we wanted another one. I told her I wasn't ready to decide that. Right now, we just miss our Lucy.
Photobucket

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

Oh Jen, I am so sorry. It is so hard loosing a pet. I will be praying for you all as you wait on the rabies test results.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your kitten that's awful. A women at my works puppy died 2 days ago and it was from the flea product they bought from walmart, there has been something on the news about it killing pets? Did you put any flea medicine on her. Hope you guys are doing good. Jenna is doing great, she has gained 6 pounds since China. Take care Kristie, Scott and Jenna your China buddies.

Amie said...

Oh how sad... I am so sorry!

:(
Amie