
One of the blogs I often read has started "Not me!" Mondays. So many of MckMama's "Not Me's" could have happened at our house - I thought I'd give you a few of the things I didn't do this week:
I did not grab a handful of ice out of Jarod's empty tea glass after dinner and put it in CG's cup because she wanted more ice. I mean, let's face it, that would just be lazy. Nope, didn't do that.
I did not take CG to McD's after her dentist appt last week and let her eat ice cream instead of lunch.
No way did I send CG up to brush her teeth alone so I could eat a Twix bar without sharing. Especially since I want my children to share...so, nope - I didn't do that...twice!
I did not have popcorn and a Pepsi for dinner tonight.
I did not require my kiddos to only bathe twice last week because that would just be gross!
Last, I most certainly did not give in when CG wanted me to stay with her while she fell asleep. I told her she needed to go to sleep without me in there every night, and I meant it! No way did I cave and lay next to her until she was asleep. And just for the record, I absolutely have not been letting that sweet girl fall asleep next to me every single night since we've been home from China!
5 comments:
If I were a first time mom I would have totally disagreed with you on the sleeping together thing...but I'm not, and I sometimes bring my kids to bed with us if they have a nightmare at 3am - it's the best! (and it doesn't ruin them, either) :-)
teaching to share at every opportunity... that's the way you should look at it right..
I've given my son ice out of my glass before... it is usually closer than the kitchen
LOL I've totally never done any of those things either, like give my baby healthy McD's including chocolate shake after a dr. appt. Or snuck a Twix...or two... =)
I'm slow in doing my blog check this week and I am cracking up...I'm so glad to learn that there are other moms like me in the world...Whew!
It's just that mine would be popcorn and a Dr. Pepper!
Post a Comment