Wow - I can't believe we came home with Chloe Grace just two months ago today. We've had some really long days, but over all the time has flown by. Our days are so good now. She's happy and loving and fun. Sometimes I just sit and watch her play or swim or sing. I'm constantly overwhelmed by her. To think of all she's been through it her short little life and yet to see how truly happy and joyful she is...it's by God's grace that she can be this way. Right this very moment she's sitting next to me on the floor as I type, coloring a dinosaur and singing in Mandarin. I have no clue what she's saying, but it sounds happy :) Her English is growing by leaps and bounds. One day last week I was in the kitchen doing the dishes & she came up to me and said "Mama, Lady drink all gone." Sure enough, Lady's water bowl was bone dry. Today was the first day I have worked since Chloe Grace has been home. Steve worked from home today to stay with her. I sat Chloe Grace down last night and explained to her that when Jarod, Madison and Jason went to school in the morning I would be going with them and she'd be staying home with daddy. Her little eyes welled up with tears and she said "Mama no school, no home daddy, home mama." It was so sad. But I knew it would be good for her and Steve to spend the day together and for her to see that when I leave, I always come back. I called during my lunch time to check on them & Steve said she cried for about half an hour or so, but after that was fine. He ordered her pizza for lunch, which I heard all about when I got home.
The other kids are so great with Chloe Grace. Jarod has especially surprised Steve and I with his affection for her. They all are extremely helpful and loving toward her. It's so sweet to see.
I'm sure our adjustment to this new life will continue to have it's peaks and valleys. For now, things are going well. We've all come so far. We're so grateful and so blessed.

3 comments:
Thanks for the update. Love the smile. Sounds like she is making good progress with English. Lily is making progress in that area, as well, but it sounds like Chloe Grace is ahead of her-- probably becasue she is a little older.
--Jeff
Chloe Grace looks like she has changed so much. She doesn't look at all like that shy girl I remember seeing beside you in China. What a blessing!
Wow!!! 2 months already!! She looks like she is doing so well and I'm glad to hear that she and her daddy had a fun day together, even if some tears were shed when you left. God is good and it's amazing to see how He is transforming Chloe Grace's life everyday!
Post a Comment