
I'm sure to most people, a container full of files could be easily replaced. In the adoption world, it's not so easy. This container is the home to all the paperwork we've gathered so far to bring home our sweet Sophia. We don't know how old she is or when she'll make her way here or what her precious face looks like. If this process taught me anything the first time around, it's that I am NOT in control and God's timing as ALWAYS perfect. So, we'll continue to gather documents, obtain notarizations, visit the Secretary of State's office and then send it all to the Consulate General of the People's Republic of China in Houston. And after all that happens, and our completed dossier is in the hands of the CCAA officials (hopefully early this summer), we'll wait. We'll wait as long as necessary, then we'll take another very long flight to the other side of the Earth (can I get a Xanax this time, please??) and we'll meet Miss Sophia Isabella for the first time. It could be in six months or it could be a year...I don't know. But I know it will happen. In God's time. And not a second sooner.
3 comments:
:) I am praying for your sweet Sophia....and am so excited for you as you embark on another journey. Tears in my eyes right now, knowing there is another little one waiting for her family.
Much love to you!
Dear Sophia Isabella,
We are all waiting for the day when you will come home to us. You have wonderful parents that will come to China and pick you up. They will bring you home to your brothers and sisters. Your Nana, Papa and Uncle Juicy will also be waiting with your brothers and sisters. We haven't met you yet but we already love you and can't wait for you to get home to us.
Love you,
Nana, Papa and Uncle Juicy
Congratulations! I'm excited for your family! I have to admit that I'm a little jealous (not of the dossier compilation), but I also have to admit that I think my "quiver" is full! I'll be looking forward to following your progress.
Post a Comment