We started our adoption journey in April 2006. After 6 months of paper-chasing, we sent our dossier to China on October 6, 2006. Our log in date (LID) is November 9, 2006. And our wait to bring our daughter home began.
We decided in May 2007 to consider adopting a child with special needs. Over the next 8 months we applied to be considered for several girls with various special needs. On January 9, 2008 we got a call from the special needs coordinator at our agency that we had been tenatively matched with a 4 year old girl in Chongqing City. The review committee at our agency wanted us to meet with our family doctor to discuss this child's health issues. They wanted us to be sure we understood what we would be facing with this precious girl as our daughter. She was born with a heart defect. She's already had corrective surgery in China. After meeting with our doctor and doing some research on our own, we notified our advocate at the agency that we'd like to proceed with the referral process for this child, our Chloe Grace.
We had more paperwork to complete. It was all sent to China last Friday, February 1st. That included our Letter of Intent (LOI) to adopt this sweet girl. Now we wait for approval from China. I've shown Chloe Grace's picture to some of our family and friends. Many have said she resembles Madison, our 8 year old daughter.
Over the past two days we've been painting Jason & Madison's bedrooms. Until yesterday, Jason was in the bedroom that is larger and has a walk in closet. He and Madison traded rooms. Since Madison and Chloe Grace will share, we thought they would need more closet space. The larger bedroom also already has 2 twin beds, so it made sense to put the girls in there.
Please continue to pray for our family as we wait a little longer to bring Chloe Grace home. Pray also for Chloe Grace. Her entire world is about to change.
Merry Christmas!
8 years ago
8 comments:
Hey Jen!
Thanks for sharing this, I'll be watching!
See you Friday!
Miss you forever!
Love,
Elana
Hi Jennifer!
I've been meaning to tell you that Grant prays for your "little girl from China" each night. We can't wait till she gets here!
Love,
Beth
I'm so excited for you!!!
Dan and I are praying that everything goes smoothly. We are so excited for you, Steve, Jarod, Madison, and Jason.
Love,
Melissa
Hi J. We are very excited in Kentucky. Can't wait for you to get to bring Cloe home. You are all in our paryers. Love Aunt Adrienne.
Hi Jen, I hope all goes well. I'll be watching and waiting. My prays go out to all of you.
Love,
Aunt Maria
Chloe is such a doll...I'm excited for you to bring her home. I hope we both travel soon!!!
Shelly
Hey Jennifer - Elana sent me your blog info and I'm so glad she did. I've been sitting here reading with tears of joy running down my face for your family.....remembering how blessed we have felt for our 3 adopted children. I hope things continue to go well for you all. I'm sure there will be some adjustments with the language issue and all, but love conquers all, and you have such an awesome God on your side. God Bless and Keep you, love, Marilu
Post a Comment